Hydrating Electrolyte Drinks Q&A
- How do these Hydration Electrolyte Drinks work?
- Mix the powder with water to create an instant electrolyte drink. The electrolytes in our drinks move to your cells throughout your body, balancing hydration as they go. A cell that's full of electrolytes will be replenished with water through osmosis, as water moves from a dilute to a concentrated solution. By boosting electrolyte levels, your body rehydrates at a cellular level and truly absorbs the water for long-lasting hydration. Without adequate electrolytes in your body, much of that hydration is quickly expelled rather than retained.
- What kind of sweeteners are used in these Hydration blends?
- At Zest, we don't add unnecessary sugars. Instead, we balance dextrose (starch-based simple sugars) and a little sucralose (non-caloric artificial sweeteners) with pure cane sugar for just the right level of sweetness. Our blends don't need to be overly sweet to pack that hydration factor!
- How many grams of added sugars do Zest Hydration Drinks contain?
- In each powder stick there are 7g of added sugars. To keep our electrolyte drinks sweet and tasty, we also add small amounts of sweetener rather than more sugar, to keep the calories blissfully low. You can check the sugar and carb content of any of our beverages (including our sugar-free teas) by finding the Nutrition Facts box on the side of the packet.
- Does this electrolyte drink help with hangovers?
- After an alcoholic drink or five, you might be feeling rough and dehydrated the next morning. Electrolyte drinks are a better remedy for a hangover than fruit juice or coconut water, as the electrolytes help you restore and retain hydration. Electrolyte drinks also assist with keeping nerves and muscles functioning correctly. Try our electrolyte drinks after consuming an alcoholic beverage, or the morning after, to soothe hangover symptoms.
- Are Zest Hydration Drinks gluten free?
- All our energy drinks, teas, and hydration drinks are totally fine for anyone with celiac disease. You can drink lots without worrying about consuming gluten. Just make sure you mix our powder sticks with plain water rather than another beverage that may contain gluten.
- Are Zest Hydration Drinks vegan?
- Yes, our entire sports drinks line up, including each hydration drink and energy drink, is vegan. Mixing our powder sticks with dairy milk for a thick consistency is certainly do-able, but they taste just as great with water.
- What electrolytes are included in Zest Hydration Drinks?
- Each Hydration Drink contains 700mg of electrolytes - a nutritious blend of 350mg sodium, 350mg potassium, and 200mg chloride.
- Does this make the water fizzy/carbonated?
- No, Zest Hydration Drinks are not carbonated and are easily dissolved into plain cold or hot water.
- How many calories per serving?
- When mixed with plain water our electrolyte powder sticks provide 35 calories per serving, thanks to a low sugar content.